Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, my fried chicken livers. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken livers are coated with garlic-flavored flour, and deep fried to a golden, crispy brown for an old-time Southern treat. My son loves chicken livers (as do I) and when he tasted these his exact words were "These are possibly the best chicken livers I have ever tasted!" Fried chicken livers can be seasoned to almost any taste. You can swap the Old Bay for a combination of roasted sesame seeds and Korean red Once cooked, fried chicken livers last in the fridge for up to two days, during which time you could simply snack on them cold with a dab of mustard.
My Fried Chicken Livers is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. My Fried Chicken Livers is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have my fried chicken livers using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make My Fried Chicken Livers:
- Make ready 1 pint container of chicken livers
- Take 1 egg
- Get 1/4 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce (optional)
- Prepare 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Prepare 1 cup flour
- Take 1/4 cup cornmeal
- Take 1 tsp black pepper
- Get 1 tsp oregano
- Prepare 1 tsp garlic powder
- Prepare 1 tsp kosher salt
- Make ready Grapeseed oil or other for frying
- Prepare Lemon wedges
- Get Old Bay seasoning
Ready for some Fried Chicken Livers? Alright then, let's head on into the kitchen, and… Let's Get Cooking! … Fried Chicken Livers, you'll need these ingredients. … Place your chicken livers in a colander and gently rinse them with cool running water. Making fried chicken livers is much like making chicken-fried steak, as there is an egg wash along with a double dredge. For my final dip, I like to use finely crushed saltines as they add an extra crunch to the batter, which I find is necessary as the meat encased is so soft you need a strong fortress.
Steps to make My Fried Chicken Livers:
- Rinse livers in cold water and pat dry with paper towels before trimming them of visible sinew, fat, and areas of green discoloration but otherwise try keep the pieces as big as possible.
- Beat the egg with a fork until uniform then add hot sauce and mustard. Gently drop the livers in the egg wash and toss to coat. Let them marinate for up to 10 minutes while you prepare the breading.
- Mix flour, cornmeal, and the remaining spices in a shallow pan or plate so you can spread the mixture out. Lay the livers on the seasoned flour and let them sit on one side for at least 2 minutes so the coating bonds well to the egg. Gently turn them over and repeat on the other side.
- Heat half an inch of oil in a cast-iron or carbon steel pan. Fry the livers until dark golden brown before flipping, which takes about 2 or 3 minutes depending on the size of the piece. If the liver releases a lot of juice while frying on the first side, sprinkle a pinch of the dredging flour on the top to absorb the moisture and prevent splattering. Flip the livers and continue to cook until they are uniformly brown, another minute to 2 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and dust generously with Old Bay (optional). Serve with raw red onions, lemon wedges, ranch dressing or cocktail sauce and or hot sauce.
One of my sons loves fried chicken livers and I found this recipe in a cookbook called Whistle Stop Cafe. Chicken livers are easy to fry in a non-stick frying pan with olive oil. Chicken livers with onions is a delicious, economical meal. Fried Chicken Liver is made by dredging each piece of liver in flour, then frying it in a pan with some oil. The onions are sauteed separately and are How to Cook Chicken Livers: Soak the livers, then drain.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food my fried chicken livers recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!