Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, chicken tinola. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Tinola is traditionally cooked with wedges of unripe papaya and malunggay leaves. These components make it a good source of nutrients. The secret in making a good tinola is to simmer the chicken for longer periods of time.
Chicken Tinola is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are nice and they look wonderful. Chicken Tinola is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken tinola using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Tinola:
- Prepare 1 kg chicken cut into pieces
- Prepare 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Make ready 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- Get 1 finger sized ginger, sliced
- Prepare 1 medium red onion, sliced
- Prepare 1 tsp fish sauce
- Prepare 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Take 3 cups water
- Prepare 1 chicken cube
- Take 1 1/2 cups sayote or unripe papaya, sliced
- Get 1 red bell pepper, juliened
- Take 2 cups chilli or malunggay leaves
I would say that next to Adobo, Tinola is the most favorite dish in every Filipino household commonly served for lunch or dinner…with rice of course. Tinola, a comforting chicken soup seasoned with plenty of ginger and garlic, has countless variations throughout the Philippines. The soup calls for malunggay leaves (aka moringa), which can be found fresh or frozen at Asian markets. Bok choy is a good substitute.
Instructions to make Chicken Tinola:
- Heat cooking oil in a large pot
- Sauté garlic, ginger and onion until fragrant
- Add in the chicken pieces and sauté for 5 mins
- Add in the fish sauce and black pepper and pour in the water and sayote
- Bring to boile and simmer for 5 minutes to cook the chicken
- Add in the chicken cube and bell pepper and simmer for another 3 minutes
- Finally, add in the chilli leaves and simmer for 2 minutes before turning off the heat.
- Serve with steamed rice and enjoy!
Feel free to increase the amounts of garlic and fish sauce for an even more flavorful soup. Tinolang Manok is the ultimate comfort food! Made of chicken, green papaya, fresh spinach, and a ginger-flavored broth, this Filipino soup is hearty, healthy, and tasty. Tinolang Manok (Chicken Tinola) How amazing it is to be human. The things we disregard, the things we hold dear, the things we remember.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food chicken tinola recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!