Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, kerala roast chicken. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Kerala Roast Chicken is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Kerala Roast Chicken is something which I have loved my whole life.
Chicken Roast Recipe: A fried chicken recipe which is full of flavor and spices. This dish brings out the authentic south Indian spice of the dish. This Kerala Chicken Roast Recipe is a family favourite which Amma's friend makes and sends over whenever us kids visit Kottayam.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have kerala roast chicken using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Kerala Roast Chicken:
- Make ready 2 Onions Sliced
- Get 1/2 kg chicken
- Prepare 10 Shallots
- Take leaves Curry
- Take 1 tomato diced
- Prepare 6 Garlic Cloves
- Make ready Half thumb size Ginger
- Get 2 deseeded green chillies
- Get 1 tbsp coriander powder
- Make ready 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder
- Make ready 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Get 1 tsp Garam Masala
- Prepare 1 tbsp Pepper Powder
- Prepare 1/2 cup hot water
- Get 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- Get As per taste Salt
This recipe is adapted from my mom and a quite easy kerala style chicken tomato roast recipe. Kerala Chicken Roast is a typical and traditional styled chicken roast dish full of flavor and aroma of a series of natural spices. The hot, spicy and thick flavored gravy blends well with porotta and rice. Kerala Style Chicken Roast - chicken is marinated with spices & cooked in a well balanced masala.
Steps to make Kerala Roast Chicken:
- Grind the shallots,garlic,ginger to a semi paste consistency
- Marinate the chicken with 1tsp of chilli powder, a pinch of turmeric, 1tbsp of vinegar/lime juice, salt to taste. Set aside for half an hour and shallow fry the same.
- Heat a kadai with coconut oil. Add the green chillies and curry leaves and sautee until fragrant. Add the sliced onions and saute until browned(not burnt). Add the shallot paste and sautee till the raw smell goes. Add the tomato and cook until mushy.
- Add all the Masalas, make sure the heat isn't much or else the mix will burn. Saute the mix till oil separates.
- Add in the fried chicken and mix well with the base masala. Add hot water and cook for another 7-10 mins on low heat. Make sure the water is minimal. Add in coconut milk at this stage and roast on high for about two mins constantly sauteeing it.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Goes well with rice,idlies,appam etc
A great side dish for rice & appam. Spicy Kerala Chicken Roast is another nadan recipe and a family favorite. It is a dry version and is great accompaniment with rice, chapathi or fried rice. The chicken in this recipe is usually deep fried. Dry roast the dry spices and cool them.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food kerala roast chicken recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!