Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, korean fried chicken. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Korean fried chicken, usually called chikin (치킨, from the English "chicken") in Korea, refers to a variety of fried chicken dishes created in South Korea, including the basic huraideu-chicken (후라이드 치킨, from the English "fried chicken") and spicy yangnyeom chicken. Easy and delicious Korean fried chicken recipe. Would you care for super crunchy chicken that is coated with hugely addictive homemade Korean sweet chili sauce?
Korean Fried Chicken is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Korean Fried Chicken is something that I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have korean fried chicken using 22 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Korean Fried Chicken:
- Prepare Marinade
- Prepare 2 lb chicken wings
- Get 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Make ready 1 tsp garlic powder
- Make ready 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- Get 1/2 tsp curry powder (optional)
- Make ready 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Take 1 tsp real ginger, grated
- Make ready Frying Ingredients
- Get 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Make ready 1/2 cup potato starch or corn starch
- Make ready Sauce Ingredients
- Get 1/4 cup canola or grapeseed oil
- Get 2-3 tbsp chili flakes
- Get 1 inch ginger, minced
- Take 6 cloves garlic
- Make ready 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Make ready 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- Make ready 1/2 cup corn syrup
- Take Garnishes (optional)
- Get 1 green onion chopped
- Get 1 tbsp cilantro
Korean Fried Chicken - the BEST Korean fried chicken recipe that yields crispy fried chicken in spicy, savory and sweet Gochujang sauce. Korean Fried Chicken is a deliciously crispy chicken with a super sticky and savory bite you'll love. Korean Fried Chicken is a dish I first tried in New York about. Chicken wings, corn starch, corn syrup, dried red chili pepper, garlic, ginger, grape seed oil, ground black pepper, mustard sauce, peanut oil, peanuts, potato starch, rice syrup, salt, sesame seeds, soy sauce, vegetable oil, vinegar.
Instructions to make Korean Fried Chicken:
- Place chicken wings in large bowl. Add garlic, nutmeg, curry powder and salt. Mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hour or over night. If cooking right away do not refrigerate but keep at room temperature. But for best results marinate for 2 hours if wanting to cook right away. (In these pictures I let them marinate over night.)
- Right before frying, add flour and potato starch and mix thoroughly with your hands. The potato starch should stick to the chicken wings in a thin coating. Feel free to pat the starch onto the chicken wings firmly with hands.
- Prepare for deep frying: get out your cooling racks. Set paper towels underneath to catch any grease drippings.
- Get your oil thermometer out and a pot with high sides. Add 2-3 inches cooking oil with a high smoking point. (Grapeseed oil is great for this) The goal is to add enough oil for the chicken wings to float in the pot and not stick to the bottom.
- Wait until the oil reaches 380 degrees. Then, add the chicken wings in batches until golden and crispy about 8-10 minutes. Drain wings and set aside on paper towels.
- Now it's time for the second fry. The temperature of the oil will not dip down as much as the first fry. Fry the (already fried) chicken wings in batches until they are darker and golden brown in color about 8-10 minutes per batch at 350 degrees. The wings are done when they look shrunken and compacted with a crispy coating. Drain and set aside on cooling racks.
- Prepare the sauce: add corn syrup, soy sauce, rice vinegar in a small bowl and set aside. Add a pinch if sugar if not sweet enough to your liking.
- Prepare the minced garlic and ginger. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or deep stock pot over medium high heat and add oil. When hot but not smoking add chili flakes, garlic and ginger. Mix around with a spatula or wooden spoon until fragrant and crispy looking, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce mixture and mix until the sauce bubbles vigorously, about 2-4 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Add the chicken wings and mix with spatula or wooden spoon until each wing is coated in sauce. Transfer to plate and garnish with sesame seeds, green onion or cilantro.
Chef John's Korean fried chicken is tender and juicy while maintaining a plate-scratching crispiness that will make this recipe your new favorite. Cook an exotic yet easy dinner like these spicy and sticky Korean chicken wings. My first Korean fried chicken experience was at Bon Chon Chicken in Tribeca over five years ago. It was an epiphany not just because it was delectable, but because it was the first time that it had. You don't know crispy fried chicken until you've tried this Korean fried chicken.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food korean fried chicken recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!