Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, chicken harissa - armenian dish. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Harissa is an Armenian dish from the Ararat plain. It is a thick porridge made from korkot and fat-rich meat, usually chicken or lamb. Traditionally it is made with sacrificed lamb, later the dish is blessed by a priest before serving to people.
Chicken Harissa - Armenian Dish is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Chicken Harissa - Armenian Dish is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook chicken harissa - armenian dish using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Harissa - Armenian Dish:
- Get 4 Chicken thighs cut in half
- Take 2 Tablespoon Chicken Masala
- Get 2 Cans (16 oz) Chick Peas
- Prepare 1 cup Yogurt
- Make ready 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- Take 2 Chopped Green Chillies
- Get 1 Tablespoon Ginger, Garlic, Turmeric Paste.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons Chopped fresh cilantro
- Make ready 1 Onion chopped
- Prepare 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Make ready 2 Tablespoons Vegetable oil
It is made with chicken meat and wheat. In the end, add salt, butter and Harissa is ready. Recipe of Armenian Harissa - special porridge, almost national cooking treasure - is perfectly simple, but cooking time is very long. And I have to admit, it tastes scrumptious.
Instructions to make Chicken Harissa - Armenian Dish:
- Marinate chicken in 1 tablespoon chicken masala in a bowl for 10 minutes. Heat oil in a pan and saute chicken pieces over medium heat until brown (3 minutes each side)
- In a seperate heat 1 tablespoon oil, add cumin seeds, cook 1 minute. Add onions, ginger, garlic paste cook 4 minutes. Add 1 Tablespoon masala, yogurt, tomato sauce and green chillies. Add chicken and chickpeas with liquid. Mix well, bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer over low heat for 20 mins. covered. Sprinkle chopped cilantro before serving.
How to cook Harissa (The Armenian dish) - Harissa Recipe -Armenian Cuisine. Harissa - Assyrian Chicken & Barley Soup. Dish of the Dale: Moroccan Spiced Harissa Chicken. One of the advantages of the Armenian food is that it still includes organic ingredients. It is a porridge made of wheat and meat.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food chicken harissa - armenian dish recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!