Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, braised chicken in pomegranate and walnut sauce. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
This Chicken Stew with Walnut and Pomegranate Sauce recipe is a classic preparation in Persian cooking, going by the name "Fesenjan". Chicken pieces are first browned and then slowly cooked in a sauce with ground toasted walnuts and pomegranate molasses. You might not normally think to.
Braised Chicken In Pomegranate And Walnut Sauce is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Braised Chicken In Pomegranate And Walnut Sauce is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have braised chicken in pomegranate and walnut sauce using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Braised Chicken In Pomegranate And Walnut Sauce:
- Prepare 500 gram chicken thighs with bones
- Make ready 1 yellow onion grind to paste
- Make ready 1 tomato grind to paste
- Get 1.5 tsp olive oil
- Get 1 tbsp butter
- Take 4 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- Get 200 grm walnuts(toasted)1)2
- Make ready 1/2 tsp sugar
- Make ready 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- Take 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- Take 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- Take 1/4 tsp all spices powder
- Make ready 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- Take 1 litre cold water
- Prepare to taste salt
- Make ready Chichicken marinade
- Prepare 1 tsp paprika powder
- Make ready 1tsp salt
Check to make sure the sauce is thickened and the chicken is cooked through and knife tender. Add the ground walnuts, pomegranate molasses, brown sugar, saffron, cumin and the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Return the chicken to the sauce, turn to coat and season with. Add the reduced pomegranate juice mixture, ground toasted walnuts, and chicken.
Steps to make Braised Chicken In Pomegranate And Walnut Sauce:
- Grind walnuts until extremely fine with a paste like consistency.
- In a heavy bottomed pan and walnuts and cold water.Bring to boil and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.Turn the heat to simmer.Partially cover with lid and cook for 2 hours;stir occasionally to prevent walnuts from sticking.
- Marinate chicken in salt and paprika powder for 30 minutes.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a nonstick skillet on medium heat.Add chicken pieces and brown on all sides.Remove and keep aside.
- To the same skillet add onion paste;saute until brown and all the water has dried up Remove and keep aside.
- Once the walnut sauce has thickened and reduced in quantity,add chicken pieces,onion paste and the remaining ingredients. Cover and let cook over low heat for 45 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Taste seasoning and adjust accordingly
- Cook uncovered on high heat for 10 minutes so the sauce thickens around the chicken pieces.Turn heat off.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and serve hot with steamed rice.
Check to make sure the sauce is thickened and the chicken is cooked through and knife tender. This recipe reached the kitchens of Baghdad from the cities of Najaf and Karbala. Pomegranate syrup, sometimes called pomegranate molasses, is available in most Middle Eastern and health food stores. If it is unavailable, you Sweet-sour adjustments: Add a little more sugar if the sauce is too tart, a little bit of lime or lemon juice if it is too sweet. How to Make Chicken in Pomegranate & Walnut Sauce.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food braised chicken in pomegranate and walnut sauce recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!