Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, chicken soup with trahana and avgolemono. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken soup with trahana and avgolemono is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Chicken soup with trahana and avgolemono is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
Avgolemono is a classic sauce of chicken broth, egg yolks and lemon juice; the addition of a bit more chicken broth, rice and shredded chicken turns i. Review Body: When making risotto I double the recipe so as to use leftover rice in this soup. Makes for a rich and flavorful soup even if mushroom or.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have chicken soup with trahana and avgolemono using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken soup with trahana and avgolemono:
- Take half a chicken
- Make ready 1 plate of sour trahana (made with buttermilk or yoghurt)
- Prepare about 1 l water
- Take 1 onion
- Make ready 1 potato
- Prepare 1 carrot
- Take 1 little leaf celery
- Take 1 vegetable stock cube
- Take 1 little salt
- Get For the avgolemono (egg-lemon sauce)
- Make ready 2 eggs
- Get the juice of one lemon
Avgolemono actually refers to a Greek sauce made from eggs, lemon, and warm broth. Commonly added to soups for thickening, the Here, avgolemono thickens what would otherwise be a pretty standard chicken and orzo soup, making it a welcoming weeknight dinner or an. You may add pieces of chicken to the soup before serving or serve soup with salted chicken on the side. Add into chicken broth and bring to a boil.
Steps to make Chicken soup with trahana and avgolemono:
- Boil the chicken.
- As soon as you skim off the foam add the onion, leaf celery, carrot, potato and the vegetable stock cube.
- Season with little salt (because the stock cube has salt as well).
- When everything has boiled well remove the vegetables and blend them in the blender then add them back to the stock.
- To make the egg-lemon sauce beat the egg white first with a little water and then the yolks.
- Add the lemon and beat for a while.
- Finally before you pour in the avgolemono, temper it with a little stock from the chicken soup.
- Add the trahana to the stock.
- As soon as the trahana starts boiling add the egg-lemon sauce, turn off the heat and stir for a few minutes.
Add trahana and cook until tender. Greek-Style Chicken Lemon Rice Soup aka Avgolemono. It is what make this version of chicken soup special. The only tricky part of this. Remove chicken and parsley, discard parsley.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food chicken soup with trahana and avgolemono recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!